Unreal that even the cheapest of audio products all offer phone apps where each musician can quickly take full control over their own monitor mix from their phones within seconds but not PTs! You’ve got to jump through many hoops to get 1 iPad running. It should be possible to admin a very simple permission to let a musician to manage his/her headphone mix on their phones or tablets without them having access to other controls. Shouldn’t this have already been a thing by 2010!? Not only does Avid take forever to come out with features but often doesn’t update them for 5 years to a decade.
For full instructions please see: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Avid-Control-Support
• Qualified Mac or Windows-based computer running any supported EUCON-enabled application and EuControl 20.6.0 (NOTE: EuControl 20.6.0 software must be downloaded from account.avid.com and installed before using Avid Control)
• One of the following connections:
- Accessible wireless network (5 Ghz Wi-Fi network recommended), or
- Lightning-to-USB 3 Camera Adapter + USB 2-to-Ethernet Adapter to connect an Ethernet cable directly to iPad (be sure to disable Wi-Fi on your iPad when using this connection type)
ABOUT AVID CONTROL
Take wireless control of your favorite audio and video software—right from your iPad. With Avid Control, you can record and mix audio in Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Premiere and other media software, faster and more easily than working with a mouse and keyboard alone. The app combines the tight hardware/software integration and high-speed communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS, so you get deep control, with great mixing flexibility. And when used with an Avid control surface (including the new Avid S1), you gain new touch workflows and custom control. Best of all… it’s free!
Track and mix with just a touch
• Speed up your efficiency using a host of controls
• Record, mute, and solo tracks with a tap
• Ride multiple faders to bring more life to your mix
• Get insight into your mix with extensive visual feedback
Get unrivaled audio and video control
• Access and control hundreds of software commands
• Punch in audio and toggle automation modes
• Trigger complex macros that will save you tons of time
• Switch control to different applications using a single app
Mix faster with intelligent design
• Gain multitouch control to speed up your efficiency
• Interact with and control your mix in whole new ways
• Perform keystroke shortcuts and more with a single tap
• Bring tactile control with you, anywhere you go
Navigate huge mixes easily
• Get fast access to any channel with Tracks view
• Quickly scroll through large mixes
• Select, record-enable, solo, and mute multiple tracks
• Keep an eye on levels with S6-style metering
Free yourself from the cables that bind
• Work in ways not possible with a wired mouse or control surface
• Record yourself in a different room from your DAW
• Control up to two networked workstations across a facility
• Trigger playback or recording from anywhere
Extend your control surface's workflows
• Get enhanced touch control and customizable layouts
• Navigate mixes faster with Tracks view
• View a counter display and additional visual feedback
• Recall layouts and trigger macros
Work with your favorite audio and video software*
• Avid Pro Tools
• Avid Media Composer
• Apple Logic Pro X
• Steinberg Cubase
• Steinberg Nuendo
• Merging Pyramix
• Mackie Control
* Please see Avid’s Control app support page for a full compatibility list.
What's New in Version 20.6.0
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Avid Technology Inc
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 11.0 or later
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation)
Yes it drops out randomly and connects on whimsy. Fabulous when working so when it connects never unplug and never let battery die and you will have longest working possibility.
The upgrade took me out as well. If it barely worked before the upgrade I can only imagine longer spaces of wasted connection time.
Also with AVID be careful when renewing your subscription they funnel you into an upgrade without showing other options.
It is a rip off as they will not let you unsubscribe even when you catch this mistake a day latter. It a 1000 dollar upscale disguised as needed. It is not. Still fighting with script reading CSR’s at AVID.
The signal always drops after 3-5 minutes and just freezes my Artist Mix as well. Artist Mix never freezes without app running. The app is pretty handy though so please fix this.
I accidentally upgraded but thankfully had an older version saved on my computer. The older version works with Pro Tools 11 which is awesome but the latest only works with 12 which I refuse to ever purchase.
This app has nearly every feature from the artist control mix console, is very easy to set up, so far has been rock solid, and was free. I'm pretty impressed Avid. Nice move!
The connection is a nightmare, it actually worked once and I tried with I an iPad Air and an iPad pro to connect to my iMac… and yes I reinstall everything... Also please consider an update so it would work in split screen
The fader meters don't work at all. It's just a constant green light all the way up to 12db. The soft keys are too small, they need to be bigger. I only use this app to have a shortcut for Preview mode and write to all.